twitter




Thursday, June 17, 2010

Why are my heart monitor and my pedometer giving different calorie count readings?

I wore my heart rate monitor and separate pedometer while doing a very hard 3.5 hike/trail run and the readings for calories burned are coming up drastically different. Heart monitor says 900 and pedometer says 300. I entered all the information into both - age, weight, female. Am I doing something wrong?



Why are my heart monitor and my pedometer giving different calorie count readings?

No, you%26#039;re not doing anything wrong. I would trust the heart monitor, which gives you a better idea of what YOUR body is doing and not what the AVERAGE body is doing.



Most pedometers also cannot distinguish running and walking, which have durastically different calorie requirements. It is most likely calculating the calories burnt if you were walking, not running.

No comments:

Post a Comment