twitter




Thursday, June 17, 2010

How can I calculate Weight Watcher exercise points based on heart monitor information?

I would like to accurately monitor my Weight WAtcher activity points using my heart rate monitor. I use the exercise guide available to me but I%26#039;d like to be more accurate. Any ideas?



How can I calculate Weight Watcher exercise points based on heart monitor information?

There are several possible ways. One is to subtract your age from 220, and that would give you your maximum rate. Also some use your weight as a guide line for target, and maximum rates within 50% and 80%, Another would be how long it takes you to return to your basic rate after an exercise. This would improve as you get more fit. The source I used gives a good description of several ranges. Other sites are afraid and say you need to ask your doctor. This would at least hopefully rule out reason not to exercise or stress your heart. One should be that you can still carry on a conversation so you%26#039;re not so short of breath. Raising a sweat 3 times a week is another suggestion. Know your BMR or basic metabolic rate chart to see your health risks associated with weight. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment