twitter




Saturday, June 19, 2010

I wonder if my Polar A5 Heart Rate monitor is working correctly...?

I just got it mailed back to me after having the battery changed. However, now I%26#039;m constantly surpassing 85% of max HR.



In fact, my first ride with it back, I went for a 3hr ride and averaged 86 percent of max. I felt fine when I got back. When I cross the 85% threshold, I%26#039;m not even breathing hard.



Today, I was MTB at 95% of max and felt great. I thought the whold point was to keep your HR low so you don%26#039;t overdo it, as measured by how you feel when you get done. I%26#039;m not really in that good of shape.



Anyone ever observe this phenomena, and was your HR monitor working OK?



I wonder if my Polar A5 Heart Rate monitor is working correctly...?

Did you reset your settings? (height, weight, age, etc.)



Try re-entering all of your info and see what happens, this should clear up this issue...



However, since technology changes so rapidly, you may want to upgrade... I had an A5, then after only 2 years went to an A9. Now, I am looking at another again...

No comments:

Post a Comment