twitter




Saturday, June 19, 2010

What features are important in a heart rate monitor? I train for triathlons.?

I wonder how important the alarms are that are supposed to keep you in your zones, as well as presets for different zones. Since I%26#039;ve never used one, it%26#039;s hard to know what I will want at first. It sort of seems like I should just get a bare bones inexpensive model that just shows current heart rate. I%26#039;ve seen a Timex I like - comes with Indiglo and you can change the battery on your own. Are all the extra features worth it?



What features are important in a heart rate monitor? I train for triathlons.?

My heart rate is much higher than most people when I exercise, but much lower when I am just sitting around. I got a heart rate monitor, but it confirmed what I already knew and was always above anything recommended when I was exercising. I think you would be fine with just the basic one. If I was looking for one now I would get one of the Garmins that tell you how far you have run/bike etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment