twitter




Saturday, June 19, 2010

Running with a heart rate monitor- HELP?

I just finished my morning workout (treadmill power walk/jogg for 65 mins). The treadmill showed that I burned 349 calories and my HRM (Polar F11) showed 620 calories. Is my HRM off or the treadmill counter is off. I made sure the settings on my watch are correct. I am a female, 5%26#039; 5%26#039;%26#039;, and 144 lbs. Any suggestions??



Running with a heart rate monitor- HELP?

Perfect demonstration why you shouldn%26#039;t bother with those calorie estimates. There is so much individual variation in mechanical and digestive efficiency, that there really is no reason for machine and HRM manufacturers to pretend they are giving you a valid number.



Just use the heart rate numbers to compare difficulty of workouts. Fuggedabout trying to estimate calories burned.



Running with a heart rate monitor- HELP?

Which of the monitors uses both your height, weight and age to calculate the estimated calories burned?



Running with a heart rate monitor- HELP?

The treadmill is messed up, unless you were walking/jogging?

No comments:

Post a Comment