twitter




Saturday, June 19, 2010

What is the best kind of heart rate monitor?

I want one I can use while in motion %26amp; continuous feedback would be great (so I guess it would have to have the chest strap). Calories burned and a stop watch feature would also be good. Other cool features I may be missing? Good value and performance, hopefully less than $100.



What is the best kind of heart rate monitor?

Honey? You have just found your best answer. LOL! Mine is called a WrisTech. It is a very small monitor with a cuff that goes right around your wrist. It takes a couple of triple AAA batteries and will keep track of previous readings. Mine has date, time, systolic, diastolic, pulse rate and it was about $40.00 on E-Bay. It is so small and really cool. Get that one. It%26#039;s like a little blood pressure cuff. :)



What is the best kind of heart rate monitor?

I have a Polar A70 that does everything you want. No batteries (other than a watch battery) are necessary. I bought it at Sports Authority a few years ago for about $70. It works okay. I don%26#039;t use it as much as I thought I would.



They have a variety of gizmos that you can add on if you want as well.



Check out their website:



http://www.polarusa.com/



If you need something that determines how far you ran (if you are a runner), you might want to check out the Garmin Forerunner 301. Does the heart rate thing as well as does a GPS to determine how far you%26#039;ve run.

No comments:

Post a Comment